Thursday, April 22, 2010

Time Is Flying!

I can't remember where I heard this, maybe in one of those FWD: emails or maybe from you-I'm not sure; but it went something like this: "Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer to the end you get, the faster it goes!" If life were going any faster for us I'm not sure what we would do!

What have we been up to?

Well, we both are thoroughly enjoying spending time with our Young Life small groups. The girls that I have been leading for 2 years now are graduating, and I couldn't be more excited for the plans God has for their lives. They are such a fantastic group of young women! Rob's ecstatic about the trip he will be leading to Colorado with his Young Life group. He's telling me about some new hiking boots that will be a necessary purchase for their trekking in CO, and how great they will be to also use in the DR. Sounds good to me! Rob's been working so hard on his Thesis, and is making great progress. I'm so proud of all the hard work and determination that he has put into this project. I know we will both breathe a sigh of relief once it is completed.

This is my second year teaching Kindergarten in Anoka, and it has been such a great school year! Kindergarten in the Spring is my favorite time of year because the kids are so independent and they are blossoming as readers, writers, and mathematicians. All day long I wonder what teaching Kindergarten will be like in the DR, and how it will be similar and different to teaching in the U.S. It will be such an adventure! Robbie is finishing his first school year teaching High School Physics (and Physical Science) and has been blessed with a helpful and encouraging teaching staff. People say that the first year is always the hardest, and while it has presented its challenges, Robbie has faced them with a lighthearted attitude and had a great school year as well.

After we figured out that we would be leaving mid-July, the reality of our soon approaching moving date came at us pretty hard. In less than 3 months we will be moving! We've spent the past few weeks working on our budget, figuring out our needs, and a creating a "game plan" for fundraising and moving. While the process seems overwhelming at times, we are trusting that God will provide.

Thanks for following along on this journey with us,

Meghan and Rob



1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are going well. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete