We read a book in class today called "Last Day Blues." In it the characters shared something they were going to miss about school, and something they couldn't wait for. "I'm going to miss my friends, but I can't wait for summer vacation." "I'm going to miss chocolate milk and pizza for lunch, but I can't wait for picnics at the park." And on it went. Well it got me to thinking...what will I miss?? Here are some of my favorites:
- The Breakfast Club. Students eating 2 chocolate muffins and a chocolate milk for breakfast in the classroom... inevitably spilling something all over the floor.
- Ms. Hanlon and I jamming to our favorite musical artists before school, during prep, and after school. (Beyonce, Taylor, and recently Postal Service top the list).
- Helping to teach 35 Kindergartners to learn to read. They amaze me daily by how well they can read!
- Notes written by Kindergartners. A favorite: "Dear Mrs. Ellis, I will miss you. You are nice. My sister has a scab. She picked it. I love you. Love, ________
- Singing the wrong words with the right tune or the right words with the wrong tune. I clearly am not musicly inclined. I will be lost next year without Ms. Hanlon.
- AMAZING parent volunteers. This year couldn't have been as fun without their help!
- The most WONDERFUL teaching partner anyone could ever ask for!
- The new adventure that lies ahead in the Dominican Republic.
- Learning Spanish.
- Going camping and hiking with Robbie before we go to the DR, and exploring the DR once we've moved.
No comments:
Post a Comment