I think you might remember my post about hiking Mogote in effort to practice for our big Pico Duarte hike. Well, this is the weekend of the supposed "big" hike...and its not happening. I was starting to get a bit nervous about being able to hike it: Friday was supposed to be a 2 hour hike, 10 hours Saturday, 6 hours Sunday, and 10-12 hours Monday...YiKes! But then one of the women going on the hike got a mild case of dengue, and other people started to back out, including myself, and the trip fizzled. I can't say I'm too heartbroken, my body is clearly fatigued. Last night I slept 12 hours, and today I'm feeling pretty lethargic too. A few weeks ago I went on a "preparation" hike with my friends Amanda and Stef, and we took some pretty cool pictures, so I thought I would share them.
Our hike started with us walking through town, and then out of town toward where Chad and Krista live, and then out past where the Motocross is held, and further. We hiked 2 hours out of town, and 2 hours back. When we were almost to the point where we turned around one of my friends needed to use the bathroom. So we stopped at a little house. I started chatting with a little old lady, and she asked where we were hiking from. I told her, Jarabacoa, and she covered her head like she was going to faint...I guess they don't get too many people out for a leisurely stroll around that area!!



Occasional failure is an ingredient of future success... :-)
ReplyDelete