Monday, August 29, 2011

The Big Kid Bike and BBQ Chicken

Rubi's big brother helps her get started.
And off she goes! Fearless! 

Last week we went to dinner at the home of one of my former students, Rubi. She lives out in the campo (where there was the Motocross race), and it is always refreshing to be out of town, up in the mountains, taking in God's beautiful creation and fresh air. Her family goes to our church here, and they have always been so encouraging and inviting to both Robbie and I. We truly enjoy spending time with them! Robbie and I went up with some new friends of ours, and new staff to Doulos as well. Christen has Rubi's older brother in her middle school Science class.
The men worked on grilling the chicken (see below) in Rubi's fathers GRANDE grill, while the women worked in the kitchen preparing the rice and platanos. I took a break from the kitchen long enough for Rubi to show off her bike riding skills. Rubi told me that her mom didn't believe that she could ride her big brother's bike--so of course I had to show these pictures to her mom and dad, who both got a good laugh out of Rubi's independence! :)

The men working hard....or hardly working. You know how it goes.
Everyone enjoying the delicious meal!
Love this family!

1 comment: